All 435 art Reviews

Cuphead fanart Cuphead fanart

Fantastic!

Sneaky Salaman Skulker Sneaky Salaman Skulker

What?
Is that original content I see?
I love the style of it all, bravo to you.

jouste responds:

hey thanks so much!

I have a tendency to focus on just my original stuff. There's always such a big amount of fan stuff, which is great but I really like drawing my own stuff.

*highfives

Castle crashers Castle crashers

While it is very good, the eyes still don't match.
Also the lightsaber looks like a pool noodle... which helps.

Mowsheep responds:

Lol, is true. Thanks for the feedback.

Two Girls Beefing Two Girls Beefing

Wonderful dynamic and my god are those hands clean.

Broken hands Broken hands

A+ for effort, no doubt about that. So many forms and detail to enjoy here. The thing that bothers me is that it lacks something to keep it cohesive. Any kind of greater pattern to carry the eye around is missing. The left side of the picture is only related with the right side in that it was drawn using the same technique, which is just a superficial relationship. The color burst using the orange behind the central figure was a good choice, but I don't feel like that's enough of a focal point. The lights and darks stay mostly muted, making the whole feel mucky.

I guess saying a few good things after all that wouldn't be completely dishonest. First thing is obviously the scale, which makes the drawing that much more impressive. Like I said before, the detail and amount of action is so densely packed, yet manages to avoid becoming overwhelming. Keeping the color inside a certain range was an interesting choice too.

BazookaBonsai responds:

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. Very appreciated.
I was afraid that I'd loose track of keeping the painting concise and well composed later down the road. Guess I wasn't the only one to notice.
Keeping what you said in mind, I will definitely watch out for that more in the future.

Again, thanks :)

Paintings Paintings

I love this format, and the drawings are all amazing, especially cute is Chansey with Togepi.

Jinx Jinx

The quality is extremely high, no doubt, but the drawing lacks soul. For example, she seems very calm and collected given the situation she's in, as if she's oblivious to what's going on. Robotic is a word I would use to describe this. Still a 5 though, because the quality is so damn high.

Chomp Dive Chomp Dive

I like the movement on the feet.

Shrimp Shrimp

Soon to be extinct.

Chris - Nightmare Cops Chris - Nightmare Cops

Fancy seeing you here :D There's nothing I can say about this that isn't obvious already. I already recommended you for the portal and I hope you decide to stay. Thanks for the dope art!